AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination is a nationally-recognized program designed to support and assist selected students with a rigorous college prepatory curriculum that emphasizes writing, inquiry, collaboration, organization, and reading. The curriculum also emphasizes note-taking, research, timemanagement, and personal/academic goal setting.
The mission of AVID is to close the achievement gap by preparing students for college readiness and success in a global society.
· are students who do not ordinarily participate in rigorous college prepatory classes.
· are students who are serious about their academic success.
· are students who have a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
· are students who consistently display appropriate behavior.
· are students who have good attendance.
· Are students who possess the motivation and desire to prepare for acceptance into a four-year college/university
For more information, please visit https://www.avid.org