Student Services Counseling Office
- Goal / Vision
- Last Names A - F
- Last Names G - M
- Last Names N - Z
- 9th Grade
- 10th Grade
- 11th Grade
- 12th Grade
- Career & College Resources
- Course Registration
- Graduation Requirements
- Other Resources
All students at Statesville High School are uniquely talented learners who will graduate and meet the state of North Carolina graduation requirements. We are committed to providing a comprehensive counseling program to all students to ensure they are able to compete in the 21st century learners. Statesville High School student services department will promote collaboration between school counselors, administration, staff, students, parents/guardians and community stakeholders to ensure the needs and goals of every student are met, students complete high school and are college or career ready.
Statesville High School student services department mission is to instill academic achievement and social emotional development in all of our students. Our major role is to provide proactive, comprehensive and developmentally appropriate programs to address students’ academic and career goals in addition to supporting their personal, social and emotional needs. The way to accomplish these goals is through partnerships with parents/guardians, staff and community stakeholders to ensure all students become successful, productive citizens and lifelong learners in a diverse and changing world.
American School Counseling Association National Model
Roles / Responsibilities:
504 Coordinator, AIG Coordinator, SIT Rep, Governor School, AVID, CCP Mitchell College Rep, Renaissance Rep, IB Liaison, Senior Field Day, Enlistment, Enrollment, and Employment Coordinator, Awards/Scholarships program, Graduation.
Grade Level: 12th
McKinney Vento Liaison, Scholarship chairperson, SHS Registration Lead, NCAA Clearinghouse, Renaissance Rep, Attendance Committee Co-lead, Food for days, Enlistment, Enrollment, and Employment Coordinator, IB Liaison, College advising corps, AVID, Senior Field Day, Awards/Scholarships program, Graduation.
Public Relations, Middle School registration lead, Attendance Committee Co-lead, Crosby Scholars Rep, AVID Rep, MTSS Rep, Renaissance Rep, Senior Field Day, Enlistment, Enrollment, and Employment Coordinator, IB Liaison, Awards/Scholarships program, Graduation.
12 credits to be promoted to 11th grade
20 credits to be promoted to 12th grade
- Common App Step-by-Step Guide that walks students step-by-step through each question of the Common Application, including why it’s asked and how to best answer. Here is the link https://www.
- FAFSA Step-by-Step Guide that walks students and families through each question of the FAFSA, including screenshots and explanations and a FAQ page for students with special circumstances. Here is the link https://www.
- North Carolina Scholarship Directory, a list of 100+ vetted scholarships for students across the state, broken down by month. Here is the link https://www.
704-873-3491 ext. 4916
704-873-3491 ext. 4917
Mental Health Resources:
SAP Counselors provide individualized services to students and parents in regard to mental health, attendance, behavior, grades, peer relationships, student/parent relationships, etc.
Some of these services include brief counseling, check and connect, check in/check out, mediation, information on 504s and BIPs, and transition services for students returning to SHS from alternative school or placements.
We also provide: Clothes Closet, School Supplies, Hygiene Products, Food Pantry, Washer & Dryer Access, Homebound Services, Community Resources
School-Based Individual Therapy Lauren Mintz - SHS
Referrals can be made to our very own school-based therapist if students need more intensive services for mental health, behavior, relationship issues, etc. These students will see an individual therapist once a week during school hours at no cost to the student or parent(s).
SAP Counselors | Piedmont Mediation
SAP Counselors may hold meditations for students, or students and parents to deal with ongoing issues that cause concern. Piedmont Mediation may be brought in or referred to if needed depending upon escalation and duration of issues present.
Rainbow Kidz | Truth Girlz | SSET & More
There are groups held during school hours by both outside providers and school personnel. These groups target specific demographics or issues such as grief and loss, self-esteem, positive relationships, goal setting, trauma, and more.
- Career & College Promise (CCP) | Mitchell Community College, Serving Iredell County (mitchellcc.edu)
- Mitchell Application Process: How to Apply | Mitchell Community College, Serving Iredell County (mitchellcc.edu)
- Mitchell Programs: Degrees & Programs | Mitchell Community College, Serving Iredell County (mitchellcc.edu)
- 49erNext Program: 49erNext | Mitchell Community College, Serving Iredell County (mitchellcc.edu)
- High School Registration Guide (ISS)
- Online Registration Guide for PowerSchool
- Barber Shop Registration (Juniors only)
- 9th Grade Registration Card
- This form is for current students who need a hard copy, stamped, sealed Official Transcript for an out of state or in state college. After you submit this form, we will complete your request and mail it to the college for you.