Academic Parent Organization: Recognizing Students for Academic Achievements
If it is to be, it is up to me!
COMMITMENT is what transforms a promise into reality.
- It is the words that speak boldly of our intentions, and the actions which speak louder than the words.
- It is making the time when there is none... coming through time after time.
- It is making yourself, not your words, a sermon.
This group is the high school version of "PTO" that many of you have participated in during your child's years in elementary and middle school. Renaissance does not have a membership fee. We accept donations and conduct fundraisers. All donations are tax deductible. Renaissance and Statesville High need you!! It truly is a myth that your student does not want you involved.
What is Renaissance?
Renaissance is the only national education focused program created to recognize and reward the academic achievements of students. Its primary goal is to increase student performance, help maintain teacher enthusiasm and raise the level of community participation in schools.
- Renaissance recognizes students who achieve Renaissance status each nine weeks.
- Seniors are recognized during graduation by wearing a special Renaissance cord to symbolize their academic achievements while at SHS.
- At the end of the school year, students are rewarded with a rock concert.
Levels of Student Achievement
Students are recognized at three levels: Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
A student must earn all A's (90 average or better/min. 90 in AP classes) in each subject with no discipline referrals.
A student must earn an overall A average (90 average/min. 80 in AP classes) with no grade below an 80. The student must have no more than three absences and no discipline referrals.
A student must earn an overall B average (80 average) with no grade below an 75. A student can qualify by improving seven or more points (to a 60 or better) in two classes while failing no other classes. The student must have no more than four absences and no discipline referrals.
*Students disciplined of cheating will automatically be disqualified for Renaissance recognition for that nine-week period.
What is the Renaissance Committee doing around SHS?
- Recognizes students who achieve Renaissance status
- Procuring gift card donations for year-end drawings for students
- Providing meals and snacks to teachers and staff on a monthly basis
- Holding "Back to School" and "End of the Year" meals for faculty and staff
- Providing proctors during semester-end exams